Words, words words.

Earlier in the year, a friend directed me to a doctoral thesis titled All Together Respectably Dressed. It's in English. It's about clothing in Bruges in the 15th and 16th centuries. It has a glossary in English. While some concepts were more or less there for me after working my way through translating an inventory, this proved to be invaluable. Though there are aspects of her glossary I disagree with, it's helped me immensely.

In the interest of accuracy and new research available, I'm updating my glossary. It's a combination of four texts, etymological rabbit holes, and my own contextual definitions. That will go live sometime this weekend, even though I suspect I'll be working on it for the next million years or until I die, whichever comes first. This is important because words matter. It gives a better sense of the material culture.

Good thing I reclaimed the desk I let my husband set his gaming rig up on.



Comments