What was I thinking?

I am revisiting a project for Twelfth Night. It is a bodice I started last year that my friend Laina draped for me in, iirc, 2016.

I finished the front of the bodice, and am now working on the back. I finished the front by flat felling the interlining in, and then essentially bag lining by hand by turning the lining until and whip stitching it down.

Normally I flat fell all 3 layers in when working with wool so this is a departure from my usual and I'm not sure why I did it the way I did.

Staring down the fact that this bodice might not fit well either anymore is daunting, but I'm working with what I have. I've gained about 10 pounds, but I've also been doing pilates 3-5 times a week for the past 6 months. I'll see how it fits and the worst case scenario is it won't fit at all and I'll have to scramble for something post Christmas. The good news is it's side lacing so I have some play on both sides. The bad news is all the weight I've gained has gone straight to my torso so it could end up short waisted. We will see when I get there. 

Onward!

Comments