Getting to work.

Yesterday I cut out two kirtle bodices. One  is a rust linen which leans more towards brown that I got from Fabricguru. The other is a wool twill which I dyed using maybe Aztec Gold acid dye? Can't quite recall. 

I also pulled out the possible fabrics for the overdresses. One is a purplish brown wool flannel I got from JoAnn Fabrics a long long time ago. The other is a golden green brown that was either a gray or a white wool twill I got from Fabricguru. I probably dyed it with a mixture of avocado and brown dye. 

I haven't quite decided on what color the jacket will be - my data gathering showed me they span from red (most common), to gray, to brown, to orange. I had initially pulled the orange cashmere at the bottom of the photo but I have 2.5 yards of it and I'd prefer to use it for a schaube. I have 7 yards of a yellow cashmere. I'll decide the jacket color last. I'm not anticipating being terribly cold at any events for awhile. 

For the lacing I pulled out 1/4" linen tape which I dyed brown. 

On the left: The kirtle fabrics. On the right: The overdress fabrics. Bottom: Possible jacket fabric. 

Comments