Putting Together an Eventing First Aid Kit

While at A&S Tournament, I had two unfortunate things happen. Something flew into my eye, rendering my daily contact useless (though I had packed more, so I had no problem throwing it out), and I ate WAY too much strong green sauce leading to gnarly heartburn.

One fortunate thing is that I admired Sarah of Mode Historique's sewing box, which she told me she got on Ebay. The brand is Max Klein. It's faux wood, plastic. But it looks like a carved chest. Mine looks like this image I pulled from Etsy.


It is 9"wide by 15"long and is 9"deep. It has a tray on the top and a compartment under that.

This is my new first aid kid for events. The top will be dress first aid and will contain:


  • Small scissors
  • Pins
  • Needles
  • Bodkin
  • threads of various colors
  • beeswax
  • safety pins
  • lacing rings
  • back up straight pins


The bottom will be my personal first aid kit and will contain:

  • Hand sanitizer (small bottle)
  • Ibuprofen (day and PM)
  • Acetaminophen
  • Zyrtec
  • Benadryl (pill and gel)
  • Antacids (chewable)
  • Bandages 
  • neosporin
  • tweezers
  • antiseptic wipes
  • oral thermometer
  • instant cold compresses
  • saline eye solution/eye wash
  • "sports" jelly beans
  • Sugar free powdered electrolyte drink mix 
  • back up sunscreen
  • matches

This is pretty personal to me, and you'll have to tweak yours a little bit depending on your needs. I wanted one box I could grab and bring to events with me without having to unpack it all the time. If this works out well,

I might get a smaller box and glue a mirror to the lid and put my toiletries in it. Toothbrush, toothpaste, dental floss, Cetaphil face wipes, moisturizer, face sunscreen, tinted moisturizer, SPF mineral powder, Bite Beauty Agave lip mask, baby wipes, cotton pads, and Q-tips are my go-to products. And a comb/brush, hair ties, and bobby pins, of course! I also may or may not bring the things I need for hair taping. My hair has 2-3 months of growth to go for that goal to be achieved.  I love the Cetaphil face wipes, even though they aren't as gentle as the original Cetaphil water-free cleanser.  They still get the job done.

What do you bring to events with you? What do you always forget and wish you had? Leave a comment and let me know!

Comments