Gearing up for a long event

I'm going to Great Western War! Within an hour of posting "Hey is anyone going and in need of a carpool buddy?" I got an offer from my back door neighbor and an offer to camp with my Laurel and Ermine Company. Excellent.

Because I am in the process of undertaking a very low calorie diet (and the subsequent desired shrinkage of my body), everything leading up to the war is accessories. I am as of now unsure how many days I'll be spending at GWW, but I am counting on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday for sure. Going to try for Thursday but that depends on my ride. I'm going Dutch, which will simplify packing and making things. My goal is to complete the following before September (hand sewn or hand finished because I'm a snob):

1 more white linen partlet
1 black wool gollar
3 women's shirts (2 square necks, 1 round)
2 more aprons (one more natural linen, one blue or red)
1 pair of wool sleeves
1 pair of linen sleeves
2 more coifs
2 veils (one wired, one not)
1 pair of linen hose
1 red wool petticoat.


In September, I will need to have a new body block made if my existing smaller Aleit bodice patterns don't work. IIRC I was about 20 pounds less than my current weight when that was patterned, and I was also 5 years younger because it was done in 2010 before I left for Germany.

I'm rather excited, as GWW is an event I've never been to and I hear the shopping is good. MAMA NEEDS SOME NEW POTTERY.



Comments