Peas on earth and in my tummy too!

Here's another Gode Cookery dish, Perry of Pesoun. Consisting of peas, shallots, olive oil, salt, and sugar it is a pretty simple dish that should be fairly easy to whip up at a camping event. I made this for dinner last night and it took maybe 15 minutes total.

Perry of Pesoun

I halved this recipe and used a mixture of fresh and frozen peas. If you don't halve it, I would say it makes 8 pretty decent servings of peas. 

2 lbs peas
2-3 shallots minced
3 tbsp olive oil
salt and sugar to taste (in my halved recipe I used 1/2 tsp of sugar and about 3/4 tsp of salt)
pinch of saffron

Bring the peas and minced shallots to a boil and add the remaining ingredients and return to boiling. Reduce the heat and cook until tender. Drain and serve. 

While they were good, they were definitely a little on the bland side. Just before my pea hating boyfriend left the house, I got him to try some and he agreed. I ended up grinding some salt over the finished product which helped it immensely.


Comments